Protease K Lyophilized Powder: A Reliable Solution for Protein Digestion
Protease K Lyophilized Powder is a high-purity, enzyme-grade protease ideal for protein digestion in various molecular biology applications. Its lyophilized form ensures stability and long shelf life, making it a convenient and reliable tool for researchers.
Introducing Protease K Lyophilized Powder: A Powerful Enzyme for Protein Digestion
Protease K is a highly versatile enzyme derived from the fungus Tritirachium album Limber. It exhibits remarkable proteolytic activity, effectively cleaving peptide bonds at the carboxyl end of aliphatic and aromatic amino acids. This non-specific cleavage pattern makes Protease K an invaluable tool for protein digestion in various molecular biology applications.
Key Product Features
- Exceptional Batch Stability: Stringent production processes and rigorous quality control measures ensure minimal batch-to-batch variations. With an inter-batch enzyme activity CV of ≤1.9%, Protease K far surpasses the industry average of 5%.
- Unwavering Supply: Large-scale production capabilities guarantee a monthly production capacity of lyophilized powder exceeding 70Kg. This robust production system translates into a 3-day stock supply cycle and long-term supply stability.
- Broad Sample Compatibility: Protease K demonstrates exceptional efficacy in processing not only COVID-19 nasopharyngeal swab samples but also a wide range of complex sample types, including swine fever virus, influenza virus, HBV, and HCV.
- Tailored Solutions: To meet diverse customer needs, we offer customized product formats, packaging, and specifications, eliminating the hassle of dispensing and enhancing work efficiency.
- RNA and DNA Extraction: Protease K plays a pivotal role in the extraction of RNA and DNA from various biological samples, enabling downstream molecular analyses.
- In Situ Hybridization: Protease K is an essential reagent in in situ hybridization techniques, facilitating the detection of specific nucleic acid sequences within intact cells or tissues.
- Enzyme Activity: ≥30 U/mg, determined using a tyrosine calibration curve and UV spectrophotometry.
The protein concentration is detected by SDS-PAGE electrophoresis. The purity of Proteinase K produced by our company is above 95%, with a size of 28.9kDa.
Proteinase K powder was stored at 4°C for one year, and enzyme activity was measured every month. The results are shown in the figure below, indicating that Proteinase K has good stability and enzyme activity is maintained above 95%.
Protease K Lyophilized Powder stands as a cornerstone of protein digestion in molecular biology research. Its exceptional stability, broad sample compatibility, and tailored solutions make it an indispensable tool for scientists worldwide.
|Product Name||Proteinase K|
|Form||White/light Yellow lyophilized powder|
|Buffer||20mM Tris-HCl, 200mM NaCl, 0.02%-0.2% NaN3, 50% glycerol, pH 8.4. After configuration, it needs to be filtered with a 0.22μm filter for sterilization.|
|Notice||Molecular biology grade of Proteinase K is not a sterile preparation. How to process: 1. Dissolve the dry powder in the recommended diluted solution and configure it at 20-50 mg/ml, then filter it with 0.22 μm filter for sterilization and later pack in a sterilized container. 2. If you need to use Proteinase K solution repeatedly, you can split and store it at sterile condition. For long-term storage, please keep it at -20°C. 3. Please wear a mask, lab-gown, and disposable gloves for your safety. 4. Recommend using low protein adsorption polyethersulfone (PES) or polyvinylidene fluoride (PVDF) membranes for all sterilization processes.|
|Storage||Store at 2-8°C. For long-term storage, please keep it at -20°C. The lyophilized powder should be well sealed to avoid moisture. We can ship it with blue ice or ice bag at 2-8°C.|
|Valid Period||Lyophilized powder preparations stored at 2-8°C for 18 months; -20°C for 2 years.|
|Application||Genomic DNA Purification Kit, RNA Purification Kit, Gene diagnostic kit, IHC, ISH, and other possible applications|
Protease K Lyophilized Powder: A Comprehensive Overview
Protease K Lyophilized Powder is a highly active and stable serine protease derived from the fungus Tritirachium album Limber. It exhibits broad cleavage specificity on native and denatured proteins, making it an invaluable tool for protein digestion in a variety of molecular biology applications. Protease K is particularly effective in the inactivation of RNases and DNases, rendering it crucial for the isolation of nucleic acids from biological samples.
- High Activity: Protease K demonstrates exceptional proteolytic activity, with a specific activity of ≥30 U/mg.
- Broad Specificity: Protease K cleaves peptide bonds at the carboxyl end of aliphatic and aromatic amino acids, providing non-specific protein digestion.
- Stability: Protease K exhibits remarkable stability in the presence of denaturing agents such as SDS and urea, allowing for protein digestion under harsh conditions.
- RNase and DNase Inactivation: Protease K effectively inactivates RNases and DNases, ensuring the integrity of nucleic acids during sample preparation.
- DNA and RNA Extraction: Protease K is commonly used for the extraction of DNA and RNA from various biological samples, including tissues, cells, and blood.
- Protein Fingerprinting: Protease K is employed in protein fingerprinting techniques, facilitating the identification and characterization of proteins based on their cleavage patterns.
- Removal of Nucleases: Protease K is utilized to remove nucleases from DNA and RNA preparations, ensuring the purity of nucleic acid samples.
- Pulsed-Field Gel Electrophoresis: Protease K is essential for the preparation of chromosomal DNA for pulsed-field gel electrophoresis, a technique used to separate large DNA molecules.
- High Purity: Protease K Lyophilized Powder is extensively purified to ensure minimal contamination with other enzymes, preventing interference with downstream applications.
- Lyophilized Form: The lyophilized form of Protease K enhances its stability and extends its shelf life, making it a convenient and reliable reagent.
- Cost-Effective: Protease K Lyophilized Powder is available in various packaging sizes and quantities to suit different research needs and budgets.
- Appearance: White or slightly off-white lyophilized powder
- Solubility: Soluble in water and buffer solutions
- Activity: ≥30 U/mg (determined using a tyrosine calibration curve and UV spectrophotometry)
- Storage: Store at -20°C for long-term stability; short-term storage at 4°C is acceptable.
Protease K Lyophilized Powder stands as a versatile and indispensable tool for protein digestion in molecular biology research. Its high activity, broad specificity, stability, and RNase and DNase inactivation properties make it a valuable reagent for a wide range of applications, including DNA and RNA extraction, protein fingerprinting, removal of nucleases, and pulsed-field gel electrophoresis. With its exceptional purity, lyophilized form, and cost-effectiveness, Protease K Lyophilized Powder is the preferred choice for scientists worldwide.